Meet The Team
Class Teacher: Miss Naughton
Teaching Assistant: Mrs McGinity
- Doors open: 8.40am (Children should be in their classroom for 8.50am)
- Home time: 3.05pm
What does your child need for school?
- A water bottle – just water please, no juice allowed
- St Malachy’s RC book bag
- A coat with a hood – must be labelled with your child’s name.
- P.E. kit (white t-shirt, black shorts and pumps) – all items must be labelled and kept in school until the end of each half-term.
Children are not to bring any toys into school.
How can you help your child?
- Please ensure your child arrives to school on time every morning. If they arrive after 9am they will be marked as late.
- Children must attend school every day. However, if your child is unwell and cannot attend school, please ring and inform school as soon as possible.
- Children should get at least 11hours unbroken sleep every night. Plenty of sleep, a good diet and regular exercise will ensure the children get the most out of school. It may be a good idea to remove mobile phones, computers, games and TVs from their bedrooms on school nights.
- We really value parental involvement and will be inviting you to come in to look at the children’s work, take part in quizzes and even drink a healthy smoothie! If you can spare the time to share any of your skills or experiences then please do!
- We also welcome you to come to our class Mass and collective worship in school. You will receive invitations to come and join us.
Homework will be given out every Monday and must be completed and returned to school on the Friday.
- Maths homework can be found in purple homework books. Please let them use the methods they have learnt in school.
- Literacy homework includes spelling which must be practiced every night in the green spelling books with a test in school on Friday.
- Children are also expected to read with an adult every night (remember to sign their reading records every night). When they have read the book please ask them questions to make sure they understand what they have read.
Many thanks for your continued support and if you need any additional information, feel free to get in touch.
Files to Download
Year 2 Yearly Overview