We Currently Have a Vacancy for a Lunchtime Organiser
Grade 1 – 6.25 hours per week Hourly Rate of £9.77 to July 2022
The Governors at St. Malachy’s wish to appoint a Lunchtime Organiser to join our professional and friendly team.
This position is to support a child in Nursery on a 1:1 basis.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Lunchtime Organiser.
This position is term time only, 6.25 hours per week 11.45am – 1.00pm
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To communicate with the pupil in their care.
- To supervise the 1:1 pupil in the dining area/s and playground.
- To help create an atmosphere so that the meal and lunchtime recreation is a pleasant experience for the pupil.
- To encourage and develop play skills in the Early Years playground (or classroom during wet play).
- Attend to the physical needs of the pupil in their care by supporting their physical needs including toileting and handwashing.
The Successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate an interest and involvement in working with children and young people.
- Have the ability to understand as well as supervise children and young people.
- Have the ability to develop learning through play.
- Be able to communicate with others
We can offer you:
- A friendly welcoming school community with a strong Catholic ethos.
- Happy, enthusiastic children, keen to learn and proud of their school.
- A hardworking team of staff and governors committed to high standards.
- An opportunity for continued professional development.
How to apply:
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to references and an enhanced DBS Check.
Application forms are available below and from our School Office.
Please complete forms and either drop off at our main office or e-mail to:
Closing Date for applications: Friday 19th November, Midday.
Shortlisting: Tuesday 23rd November
Interviews & Tasks: Friday 26th November