WE CURRENTLY HAVE A TEACHING ASSISTANT LINKED TO SEN FUNDING AND TWO TEACHING ASSISTANT APPRENTICESHIP VACANCIES
Please follow the link directly below for the apprenticeship link. Documentation for the Teaching Assistant Role is at the bottom of this page.
WE CURRENTLY HAVE THE FOLLOWING VACANCY COMMENCING Oct 2022
Teaching Assistant Level 1 (SEN) Temporary linked to SEN Funding
Grade 2 Points 2-3 Salary: £18,698 to £18,887 pro-rata term time only, ie £13,438 rising to £13,574
30 hours per week Term Time Only
Fixed Term contract until funding is withdrawn
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POST
The Governors of St. Malachy’s R.C. Primary School are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant (SEN) Level 1 to support a pupil in Reception under the direction of the Class Teacher & SENCo.
We are looking for an individual who:
• Is committed to upholding the Catholic ethos of our school
• Has a good level of numeracy and literacy skills (at a level equivalent to NQF Level 2)
• Has the ability to relate well to children and adults
• Can work as part of a team
• Has an understanding of the role of the Teaching Assistant and other professionals working in the classroom
• Can use relevant technology e.g., photocopier, computer
• Has a basic understanding of child development and learning
• Is willing to undertake First Aid Training as appropriate
• Experience of working in a primary or special school
• Experience of working with children/young people with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties; communication difficulties; severe profound or complex learning difficulties, where appropriate
• Understanding of the National/Foundation Stage Curriculum and other basic learning programmes/strategies
• Knowledge and/or experience of phonics based learning (Read Write Inc)
We can offer you:
• A friendly welcoming school community with a strong Catholic ethos.
• Happy, enthusiastic children, keen to learn and proud of their school.
• A hardworking team of staff and governors committed to high standards.
• An opportunity for continued professional development.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS Check.
Applicants should complete the CES Application Form associated with this advert, the Rehabilitation of Offenders Disclosure Form and where possible the Recruitment Monitoring Form.
Relevant forms available at https://www.st-malachys.manchester.sch.uk/job-vacancies/
and should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications: 6th October 2022 (12 Noon)
Shortlisting: 7th October 2002
Interviews: 13th October 2022