Home Learning – 20th April
Home Learning – 20th April
Hello Year 1,
I hope you had lots of fun over the Easter break, here are some more things for home learning:
First, the BBC are developing daily lessons that fit in with our curriculum:
Keep checking phonics phase 3 and 5 sounds, make this as fun as possible, play games, can you spot the sounds of objects in your house?
Sounds can be found on:
Phonics games website:
- Read each day, can you find different things to read at home?
- Can you write a book review on any of the books you have read?
- Can you write a recount on everything you did over Easter? What did you do? Did the Easter Bunny bring you any treats?
- Some online links for reading:
David Walliams is uploading an audio story each day:
Oliver Jeffers has been reading a book a day:
Write about all the things you are excited to do when we get back to school.
Here are some other useful websites:
- Literacy Shed
- Twinkl KS1
In Maths we have been working with numbers up to 50.
Our scheme whiterosemaths have been uploading home school learning packs for parents to use.
They have a video explaining each new thing they have introduced and a task to go along with it:
Practical Maths ideas:
- Find different jugs and cups (do this outside while the weather is nice if you can) Use these to make different potions. Which cup is full, half full, empty? Can you put these in order?
- Find pairs of items in your house. How many are in a pair? How many different pairs do you have?
- Find different packets of food. Which one is the heaviest? Which is the lightest? Can you put these in order from the lightest to the heaviest?
- Go on a number hunt, how many numbers can you find in your house? What is the smallest/largest number you can find? Can you put them in order?
- Can you put 5 of your toys in height order? Shortest to tallest.
- Can you go on a shape hunt? Look for cubes, cuboids, cones, cylinders and spheres, can you sort these?
- Start looking at time- we need to know time to the hour and half past.
https://www.purplemash.com/login Register as a parent Free Trial
What season are we in? Find some facts about the season we are in.
Can you make up a song about the weather today? Find some music on youtube and perform this for your family.
If possible, do some cooking/make a cake with an adult, use time words such as first, then, after that, next. Can you write a step by step instructions on your baking/cooking. Keep these recipes and we can make a Year 1 cook book.
www.channel4.com/keepcookingandcarryon Cooking with Jamie Oliver.
Health & Wellbeing:
Supermovers have lots of videos that will get your children active. The videos link to the curriculum so will keep the children active whilst still learning. https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers
Childline Tool Box has a calm zone where you can access activities, breathing exercises, yoga, games and videos on ways to cope and expressing emotion. https://www.childline.org.uk/toolbox
Go Noodle have both an ‘At home’ and ‘For families’ option where you can access free movement and mindfulness videos https://www.gonoodle.com/
- Set yourself challenges, how many star jumps can you do in 30 seconds? Can you beat it?
- Just dance Youtube
- Joe Wick’s PE Lesson 9am
- Oti Mabuse Dance 11:30am
Hope you are all keeping safe, see you soon!
Miss Dunn, Miss Bridgen & Mrs Carrington